Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fabric Samples


A favorite fabric store of mine is going out of business. I bought a lot of remnants, ribbon, sample books, and fabric ($3) to make a padded headboard.
I bought about 15 fabric sample books (.50 each) with the idea that the kids could cut them up and do whatever they would like. Rowan right a way went to work on her doll house, adding curtains, rugs, and blankets. ( I still need to get photos of her doll house)
Zoe used some to fill in a collage picture frame, and I used them to make my little pin cushions.
The possibilities are endless. If you have any good ideas let me know.




4 comments:

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

Steph, I am loving that fabric.. who is going out of business? How about some coasters? That is all I have right now, but I will come up with more ideas.. what a great find! Good for you.

Stephanie said...

Thanks.... The Textile Studio is in bankruptcy. Warehouse sale ends Aug 9th.

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

Oh my gosh, I love fabric and those samples look so fun. I hope to get over there before it's all over. The pin cushions were an awesome idea and great use of those swatches. You are so stinking creative!!

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

Steph,

I was so excited to see your amazing hubby on the HGTV clip. If they knew how talented he is they would have snatched him up! How stinking fun.

Post a Comment

If you are ever in Milford, OH...

come see my booth that I share with my friend Brenda. 
The Mercantile Mall
100 & 104 Main Street
Milford, Ohio 45150