Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fabric Samples


A favorite fabric store of mine is going out of business. I bought a lot of remnants, ribbon, sample books, and fabric ($3) to make a padded headboard.
I bought about 15 fabric sample books (.50 each) with the idea that the kids could cut them up and do whatever they would like. Rowan right a way went to work on her doll house, adding curtains, rugs, and blankets. ( I still need to get photos of her doll house)
Zoe used some to fill in a collage picture frame, and I used them to make my little pin cushions.
The possibilities are endless. If you have any good ideas let me know.




4 comments:

  1. Steph, I am loving that fabric.. who is going out of business? How about some coasters? That is all I have right now, but I will come up with more ideas.. what a great find! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.... The Textile Studio is in bankruptcy. Warehouse sale ends Aug 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love fabric and those samples look so fun. I hope to get over there before it's all over. The pin cushions were an awesome idea and great use of those swatches. You are so stinking creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph,

    I was so excited to see your amazing hubby on the HGTV clip. If they knew how talented he is they would have snatched him up! How stinking fun.

    ReplyDelete

If you are ever in Milford, OH...

come see my booth that I share with my friend Brenda. 
The Mercantile Mall
100 & 104 Main Street
Milford, Ohio 45150