Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Break At The Biltmore


We spent our spring break in North Carolina visiting the beautiful Biltmore Estate. If you haven't been there you must go. It is unbelievable and probably the most perfect house ever created. Especially considering it was built in the late 1800's.



George Vanderbilt III built this home as his bachelor pad....250 rooms and 125,000 acres.
Today the home is still owned by the family and has only a mere 8,000 acres.


They owned as far as the eye could see and every view was spactacular.




This is one of the gardens. Unfortunatley we didn't get to see it in full bloom but we plan to return. 


We were able to take an hour long horseback ride on the grounds.





This is our corny, traditional spring break pose. Silly, I know.


Strike a pose!

I wish that I had photos of the inside to show you but no photos can be taken inside.
It is absolutely amazing. 
If you do go you must rent the headsets. It will give you the history and details of every room.
Zoe, my teen, thought it was going to be boring. She admitted at the end that is was way more fun than she thought it was going to be and she would love to go back. 

Happy Spring!!
Stephanie

5 comments:

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

I would love to visit there to just see the gardens however, I'm sure the interior design is amazing. The girls look too cute. It is sad how quickly they are growing up.

bonFlourish.com said...

We were very close to going to the Biltmore on our way home from Gatlinburg during Spring Break. Thanks for showing your pics. Now I know we'll have to go sometime. I'm dying to see the inside. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

fairfieldhousenj.com said...

Stephanie,

Thank you for this post. I became interested in the Biltmore a year ago and keep debating about visiting. I recently saw two posts on it, yours and another blog, that has convinced me to go! Can you tell me if you think a long weekend is long enough or should I plan on a week? Also what tie of year would you recommend? It looks like everyone had a splendid time.

Deborah

Stephanie said...

fairfieldhousenj......... I'm glad you liked it. I think going in the Spring and Fall would be the best time to go. I hear the gardens are amazing in bloom. Christmas is also supposed to be spectacular but the cold would limit the outside activites. Two good days is enough to see everything. One day for the inside and the immediate grounds and one day for the winery, stables, farm, etc. It took us 3 1/2 hours to walk thru the house. Don't forget the headphones....it's worth the extra cost.
Have fun,
Stephanie

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

Beautiful Picture Steph! Looks like you all had a great time and great weather!

Post a Comment

If you are ever in Milford, OH...

come see my booth that I share with my friend Brenda. 
The Mercantile Mall
100 & 104 Main Street
Milford, Ohio 45150